- 10 ounces dry Whole Wheat Spaghetti (or gluten free option)
- 1/2 cup grated regular or low fat Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup fat free or low fat Cottage Cheese
- Olive Oil
- pinch Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- shaved Parmesan for garnish
1) Pre heat oven to 425 F with the rack in the center of the oven. Lightly spray Muffin tins.
2) Cook pasta according to directions, reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Be sure not to break spaghetti while cooking so you can twirl it into nests.
3) Combine cottage cheese and cheddar cheese in a bowl. Toss cooked pasta with a splash of olive oil, all spices and seasonings. Add some of the reserved cooking liquid if you need to. Mix with cheese mixture. Reserve a bit of cheese to top each nest.
4) Twirl spaghetti with a fork and add to muffin tins, create nest shapes. Top each nest with a bit of the cottage cheese mixture. Bake for about 10 minutes. The tops of your nests will be lightly browned and a bit crispy. Let cool for a few minutes. Gently loosen spaghetti nests from muffin tins with a spatula and serve.
5) Top with parmesan & dried basil or parsley if desired.