- 4 ounce(s) (about 1 1/2 cups) brown rice or whole wheat penne
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 cup(s) diced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup(s) diced red bell pepper
- 1 shallot or small onion, finely diced 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas
- 2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme, or
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 large eggs
- 2 can(s) (5 ounces each) white albacore tuna, flaked
-1 1/2 cup(s) grated white Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat milk Juice of
- 1/2 lemon Grated Parmesan
1) Cook pasta according to package directions, leaving the noodles slightly undercooked or al dente. Drain and set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, red pepper, and shallot or onion; cook 5 minutes. Add peas, curry powder, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste; heat 1 minute.
3) In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in cooked pasta, cooked vegetable mixture, tuna, 1 cup of the white Cheddar, milk, and lemon juice.
4) Divide among 6 jumbo-sized muffin cups, making sure the contents are packed tightly. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes, or until set and golden on top. Let cool several minutes before unmolding.
5) Garnish with Parmesan if desired.