If any of you have been to Florida they have some amazing Cuban food.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 8 hours
3.5 lbs pork butt (Boston butt)
10 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large onion, quartered
½ cup orange juice
½ cup lime juice
1 tsp. each Mexican oregano, salt
½ tsp. each black pepper, cumin
½ tsp black pepper
½ pound sliced deli ham
½ pound sliced Genoa salami
½ pound Swiss cheese
1. Place garlic, onions, orange juice, lime juice, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper in a slow cooker; stir to combine
2. Place pork on top of mixture, cover and turn heat on low. Cook 6-8 hours.
3. Once pork has finished cooking, place on a cutting board and shred into large chunks.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Open sub rolls and spread mustard on each side
6. Layer the bottom of the roll with ham and salami and pickle slices. Next, pile pulled pork on top of the pickles. Place Swiss cheese slices on top of pork.
7. Close the sub roll and lightly butter both the top and bottom
8. Wrap sandwich in foil and place in oven for 5-10 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt and roll to toast a bit.
You may also toast the sandwiches in a pan or on a panini press.
Author: Gary@ The Spice Kit Recipes