Every single thing which is working needs maintenance. The trailer is not out of that list. All trailer owners should know the guidelines for maintaining the proper working of their trailer. Some part of the trailer needs to be inspected daily, some on monthly or some annually. Every owner of the trailer must aware of it and should follow that completely. Otherwise, he should be ready for more damage and expensive repair on the same. Some trailer owners take the assistance of trailer repair Sacramento companies for a better outcome which is the best option.
Here you will get to know the guidelines for the timely maintenance of your trailer with the help of which you can use it for a longer time. These are the ones suggested by some of the motorhome Sacramento service provider. These are mentioned as follow:-
Inspection and service After every tow
* Electric and Hydraulic Breaks: Just go and check the operation of electric and hydraulic breaks. Make sure you check it before each tow.
* Electric and Surge Brake Battery: Do a proper inspection of the electric and surge brake battery to know it's fully charged or not. And do check it's a connection too.
* Shoes and Drums: Do make necessary adjustments to the shoes and drum if you are going to make any tow.
* Safety Chains & Hooks: Check if safety chains & Hooks are in good condition or not. It shouldn't be damaged or destroyed.
* Coupler & Hitch Balls: Coupler and hitch balls should be checked for crack, pits, and flats. And do inspect the locking device and make sure you replace it if it gets worn.
* Ring & Pintle: Lubricate the rings and pintle properly and check them for any crack, pits, and flats.
* Tires: Before your every tow don't forget to check the tire pressure and any damage caused to it.
* Wheels- Lug Nuts or Bolts & Hub: Do check its tightness, and for new wheels you must inspect the torque after driving 25 or 50 miles.
When it comes to monthly maintenance the only step that comes upfront is the lubrication. Lubrication keeps your trailer in good condition and makes it fit for towing. You should be familiar with the way to grease your trailer to save it from rusting and corrosion that can affect its smooth working. Lubricate the coupler, hitch balls, rings, pintle, lending leg, and axles once a month to maintain its proper functioning. Just with monthly greasing, you can make your towing safer and smother.
Inspection And Service Once In A Year
* All Brakes: You must replace it as per the manufacturer's specification. Also, check if you find any wear.
* Jack, Drop-Leg: Lubricate gears at top.
* Frames members, Doors, Ramps, and Gates: Do check all frame members, doors, ramps, and gates once in a year. Replace it if needed. And grease the doors, ramps, and gates too.
* Welds and Axles: Check all welds and replace them if needed. Do inspect axles also to know the trailer alignment is correct or not.
* Wheel Bearing: If wheel bearing is immersed in water then replace it on the spot.
* Rims: Check out the dents or cracks if there are any. If it's more damaged then replacing it would be necessary.
Inspection and servicing of the trailer are essential as per the period mentioned above. It would keep your trailer in a good condition and increase its worth.