10 Guys Reveal the Secret of Love (As Told to Them by Their Moms)
As a mother myself, I love this!
These are ten pieces of advice men have received from their mothers. Any Vingler mom's agree with any of these?
1. "My mom gave me advice when I had my first heartbreak at 20. She said: What you put up with in a relationship is all you'll ever get out if it. It's so true in so many ways." -Alex
2. "It's simple. My mom once told me: Look at her mother and you'll see her future." -Bryan
3. "'Don't rush It,' my mom told me. 'If you think she's the one for you -- or see a future with her and she makes you happy -- then pursue it. Don't ever let her pressure you into something you don't want to have. Also, be honest with your feelings.'" -Dan
4. "If it's not working now, it's not going to. (Amen, Mom.)" -Johnny
5. "See how they treat the waiter at the restaurant. It'll tell everything." -Cliff
6. "My mom was big on if you're in a relationship; you're part of a team. So you need to learn to compromise and understand that it's not just about you, anymore. And with that comes a lot of responsibility. If you want to be a good boyfriend or husband, you need to put their needs ahead of yours. Because at the end of the day, you're a team. Her happiness is your happiness." -T.J.
7. "The best advice my mom ever gave me about relationships is that life is about compromise. Once you understand that one thing might not turn out as you dreamed, life will surprise you." -Ido
8. "Don't rush into a relationship you're not sure about. Be patient until you find the right person." -Barry
9. "Trust your instincts. They'll tell you everything you need to know. (I always have.)" -George
10. "Don't you dare settle." -Shayne
10. "Choose the girl you hope to be your wife, but who is first your best friend. Love and friendship are so closely related. You can have one or both. Long after the wiles of love are put aside, it will be your friendship that endures. The person you love is someone who will share your interests, understand your limits and revel in your expectations and in turn, you will receive the same. Real love is just that, real. Not something contrived or sold over the counter. If you're lucky enough to have both then that type of friendship is the love that will last forever." -Nick