Coffee and cocoa can decrease any puffiness, brighten skin and wake up a dull complexion (thank you caffeine!).
While coffee and cocoa powder are the main ingredients of this mask, you can customize it for your skin type.
Try adding yogurt, cream, or honey if you have dry skin or lemon juice if you have oily skin!
4 Tbsp. finely ground espresso or coffee beans
4 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
8 Tbsp. dairy product. Choose whole milk, heavy cream, yogurt (must be unflavored!), or almond milk
2 Tbsp. honey (if you have dry skin) or lemon juice (if you have oily skin)
- If you have whole beans, finely grind beans in a grinder. Remember, beans should be finely ground so they don't scratch your face.
- Mix coffee and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Add the dairy and stir until a smooth paste forms.
- Stir in the honey or lemon
- Apply the paste to your clean face and neck.
- Let the mask dry.
- Wet a washcloth and press it to your face to loosen the mask, then rinse with warm water.
You can store the leftover paste in the refrigerator for several days!