Learning java, like most programming languages, requires a lot of study and practice. Follow the steps given below to learn java programming step by step.
1. Learn Java Syntax
The style in which a programming language is written is known as syntax. Java’s syntax is quite similar to C++ and C#. Some of the things you will encounter learning it are
· Identifiers: Class names, variable names, method names, and labels are examples of identifiers in java.
· Literals: A literal is a value definite to the variable. It can be characters, numbers, strings, and Boolean values.
· Variables: The three variables in java are local variables, class variables or static variables and instance variables or non-static variables.
· Keyword: It is a part of java’s syntax. Abstract, class, byte, boolean, and interface are examples of a keyword.
2. Practice Java Basics
After going through the Java syntax, you can start practicing the basics by giving an online java test. Some of the concepts you should know about it are:
· Functions and Methods- A class is composed of functions or methods, and every function/method in java needs to be inside a class.
· Classes- Classes are the template in which objects are made. Classes can have local, instance, and class variables.
· Arrays- Arrays can be an array of strings or integers. These are ordered collections using square brackets.
· Generics- Generics allow types to be passed around as parameters at time you’re specifying interfaces, classes, and functions.
3. Put Your Java Knowledge Into Practice
After getting some Java skills under your belt, you can proceed to work on a project. Solve real-world problems like you can replicate a website or application. Doing this will help you dive deep into the concepts.
4. Move To Intermediate And Advanced Programming
Having gained some confidence, you can move to intermediate and advanced levels to understand various tools and frameworks.
In order to do good in java programming, you need to constantly sharpen your java skills. Join the Java community as it will help you learn so many things.