5 Surprising Facts About Song Hye Kyo
After her impressive performance as the blind heiress in "That Winter, The Wind Blows," fans are eager to learn more about Song Hye Kyo. Here are a few facts that might make her seem even more impressive.
1. She is modest. Several top actors have described her as the ideal woman. Both Kim Beom and Jo In Sung recently said how impressed they were by her beauty when they worked with her in "That Winter, The Wind Blows." And yet, she is not convinced that she is all that attractive.
"It is the victory of lighting. It is not like that when you actually see me," she said.
"Since I appeared so beautiful in the drama, I thought maybe I shouldn't even go outside."
There have been rumors of Song having plastic surgery, which she denies, although she does admit going to the dermatologist for skin treatments.
While she recognizes the need to take care of her skin, she is not too worried about getting older.
"Truthfully I do not care about my age," she said. "To me, age is not that important."
2. Almost every drama she appeared in has been successful although her film career has not kept pace. "Autumn Tale," "Full House," "All In" and most recently "That Winter the Wind Blows" were all memorable drama hits. Her most recent films were "My Girl and I" and "Hwang Jin Yi." She lost a lot of weight to snag the role of Hwang Jin Yi, which impressed the producers but film fame still eluded her.
Song is not worried. She is only in her early 30s.
"Since I still have a lot of time left there will eventually be good reaction on the movie side," she said.
Her film career has not been limited to Korea. She appeared in an American indie film, "Make Yourself At Home," about the daughter of a shaman who becomes an immigrant bride. For her supporting role in the Chinese film, "The Grandmaster," she learned Cantonese and martial arts.
3. Song has several hobbies, including traveling, figure skating and swimming. She also likes to shop, see movies, knit and collects perfumes.
4. And she likes music. Like fellow actresses Han Ga In, Go Hyun Jung and Kim Yoo Jung, Song Hye Kyo is a BigBang fan.
"Out of all the idol groups, I like Big Bang the most. When I listen to Big Bang's music, it's like I get a surge of energy." Although she admires them, she has yet to go to one of their concerts.
5. Song has dated two co-stars. She dated Lee Byung Hun, her "All-In" co-star for a year and then Hyun Bin, her co-star in "Worlds Within," for two years.
Although I would love to see her date her That Winter, The Wind Blows co-star Jo In Sung, the actors are just "good friends." :(