A double chin and drooping jaw line is a common aesthetic concern among both men and women. Natural aging, genetics, weight gain and other lifestyle factors cause fat to accumulate under the chin. Chin liposuction in NYC using the minimally invasive Smartlipo Triplex Workstation is a perfect option to address this aesthetic concern. The procedure gets rid of unwanted fatty tissues under the chin (beneath the jowl, and along the upper part of the neck), improves the appearance of neck, and results a more youthful appearance.
An FDA approved device, the Smartlipo workstation comes with three powerful laser wavelengths–1064nm, 1320nm and 1440nm. The procedure begins with the surgeon administering local anesthesia in the treatment areas (chin, jowls and/or neck). Once the area is numbed, the device’s cannula is inserted under the skin via a small incision. Laser energy is then delivered to those areas precisely to target and melt the excess fat so that it can be easily suctioned off. The unique intelligent delivery systems of the Smartlipo workstation – SmartSense™, ThermaGuide™ and ThermaView™ – allow for reliable and controlled energy delivery, which prevents overtreatment, while simultaneously tightening the skin. When compared to conventional liposuction surgery, the laser liposuction comes with several benefits like – minimal pain, swelling and discomfort, tiny incisions, administers local anesthesia, minimal scarring and reduced surgical trauma and quick recovery with long-lasting results.
Pre-Operative Tips for Chin Liposuction
Though this minimally-invasive chin liposuction treatment involves significantly less downtime and quick recovery, following your plastic surgeon’s pre-operative care instructions is important for smooth recovery and long-lasting outcomes. Complete the pre-operative steps 2 weeks before the procedure. Here are some useful tips –
· Fix a pre-appointment with your plastic surgeon to review the treatment plan at least two weeks before finalizing the date of the surgery.
· Get a complete medical evaluation from your primary care physician and the necessary laboratory tests.
· Stop smoking at least 4 weeks before the procedure. Smoking can affect wound healing, lead to longer healing time, and cause scarring. Stop alcohol use a week prior to the surgery.
· Remove facial hair.
· Avoid medications such as aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Motrin, blood thinners, vitamin E, omega-3 and fish oil, and herbal supplements.
· Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes and remove jewelry and all other piercings before you arrive at the surgical center.
· Avoid heavy makeup, cosmetic creams, hair products, deodorant and sunscreen on the day of the surgery.
· Arrange for someone to accompany you to and from the surgical center and for a responsible person to help with the household chores and other activities.
If you are considering chin laser liposuction in NYC, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that is dedicated to Smartlipo treatments. Such practices have liposuction surgeons who can utilize the capabilities of Smartlipo technology to provide safe and effective treatment.