Bakuchi or Babchi is a powerful skin healing herb. All parts of the Babchi plant are useful such as roots, stem, leaves, and seeds, but the powder of its seed and the oil are most potent and are renowned to be a highly effective herb for the skin. The seeds of Bakuchi are kidney-shaped, having a bitter taste and a very unpleasant odor.
Is babchi/bakuchi grown in india?
Babchi oil is a medicinal plant now cultivated in many parts of India because of increasing demand. Earlier it was found in uncultivated areas growing on its own in the monsoon. The seeds are sown in the month of April- May and are harvested at the year-end. All parts of the plants are used to treat various disorders in the human body. It is a folk medicine in India.
Babchi Oil Health & Skin Benefits
1. Bakuchi oil for Vitiligo – Bakuchi controls vitiligo spot because it helps in shrinking the white patches, the darker area slowly covers all white skin areas, which leads to visible skin changes due to its Kusthaghna and Rasayana properties.
2. Bakuchi Oil Skin Benefits (disease) – Bakuchi helps to treat various skin problems like itching red papules, itching eruptions, eczema, ringworm, rough and discolored dermatosis, dermatosis with fissures due to its Raktashodaka(Blood Purifier) properties.
3. Indigestion – Bakuchi helps to improve digestion due to its Ushna(hot) potency which promotes digestive fire and digest food quickly.
4. Worm infestation – Bakuchi treats worm infestation due to its Krimighna (anti worms) property.
5. Cough disorders – Bakuchi has the property of balancing Kapha as it has Ushna Virya (hot in Potency) so it can help control asthma, cough, and bronchitis.
Babchi oil other benefits
· Babchi oil Contains Antioxidant Properties
· Babchi Oil Helps to Prevent the Risk of Cancer
· Babchi Oil Prevents Respiratory Problems
· Babchi Oil Improves Skin Health
· Babchi Oil Improves Oral Health
· Babchi Oil has Anti-Inflammatory Activity
· Babchi Oil Supports Reproductive Health
Is Babchi Good For The Skin?
Babchi seeds have great medicinal value as per the ancient texts as well as modern science. It helps brighten the skin by visibly reducing pigmentation and plumps the skin by boosting collagen promoting tissues. Babchi powder is used as Lepa or mask, in which its seeds are powdered and mixed with appropriate mixer to make a paste, and applied on affected areas.
Difference between Babchi oil & Bakuchiol
Often people confuse between babchi oil and bakuchiol. These are not the two different oils; rather Babchi oil contains a component named bakuchiol in it.
Side effects and Precaution While Using Bakuchi
The consumption of the Non-purified form of Bakuchi has many side effects such as severe vomiting and nausea.
It is recommended not to apply the concentrated Bakuchi oil directly on the skin as it may lead to rashes, significant infections, and allergies.
It is observed that the excessive use of Bakuchi leads to skin discolouration.
The consumption of Bakuchi is not recommended to pregnant or breastfeeding women.
The higher doses of Bakuchi lead to hyperacidity and gastritis