Turmeric is an ancient spice that has been used mainly in cooking. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb that’s been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments. Turmeric, whose botanical name is Curcuma longa. It helps restore normal body functioning. It can provide relief from cold cough, skin disorders, bruises & wounds, flu, sore throat, muscle spasm, allergy, pain, etc.
Turmeric health benefits
Turmeric has many anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that not only keep illnesses at bay, Turmeric also treat pre-existing chronic health conditions. One of the most important compounds in turmeric is curcumin, which is responsible for most of turmeric’s potential health benefits.
· Turmeric has Anti-Inflammatory properties – It has shown curcumin to be highly effective in reducing inflammation.
· Immunity Booster - Turmeric also boosts immunity levels. Its anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties protect us from a variety of infections.
· It has anticancer properties - turmeric has anti-cancerous properties, specifically for breast, bowel, stomach, and skin cancer cells
· It can help with depression - Turmeric has curcumin may increase serotonin and dopamine—two brain chemicals that affect your mood. It may also help you respond better to unexpected stress.
· It improves skin health - Turmeric can help with skin conditions such as eczema, ulcers, psoriasis, and wounds.
Here are the top super health benefits of turmeric and curcumin.
Turmeric benefits for skin
Turmeric is used extensively to treat acne, hyperpigmentation, and remove unwanted hair. It is also beneficial in skincare for babies.
Anti-cancer Properties:- Turmeric benefits acne because not only is it a natural antiseptic to keep the bacteria from spreading, but it’s anti-inflammatory, which takes down the redness and swelling of the blemish,
Reduces Dark Circles:- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, skin-lightening and microcirculation-boosting powers, and you've got a perfect recipe for fighting dark undereye circles
Help Psoriasis and Eczema:- Besides having anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help target the source of conditions such as eczema, turmeric may also inhibit the activity of PhK, a protein associated with psoriasis.
Turmeric benefits for hair
Defeating dandruff:- A good massage with turmeric essential oil can help you get rid of dandruff problems.
Curbing hair loss:- The antifungal quality of turmeric can rid your scalp of the infection which can be the end of hair fall.
Treating scalp conditions:- The anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory qualities of turmeric make your scalp infection-free and healthy
Is it healthy to drink turmeric every day?
Yes, but make sure not to drink in excess quantity at all. Turmeric Water is hot in nature hence reducing the intake in summers especially for individuals with pitta dominant bodies. Also, it is not advisable to consume high doses of turmeric for a long period of time.
Turmeric Tea Drops:-
Potent nutrient drops of Turmeric – Vitamin B complex and Vitamin
Add about 1-2 teaspoon or 10 -15 drops to a cup of warm water. And enjoy the turmeric tea. haldee water (Turmeric Hydrosol) is water-soluble nutrient-rich water of turmeric roots. This simple, quick, and convenient way of making tea help stick to the regular routine of drinking turmeric tea at home and while you are on a trip.