Quinoa Salad with Pistachios, Cherries, and Honey Balsamic Kefir Dressing
For the salad:
2 Cups Water
1 Cup Quinoa, uncooked
⅓ Pistachios, shelled
½ tsp Salt
¾ Cup Reduced-sugar dried cherries, roughly chopped
1 Cup Reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
¼ Cup + 2 Tbsp Fresh basil, minced
For the dressing:
½ Cup Plain Lifeway Kefir
4 tsp Honey
4 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- In a large pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, stir in the quinoa.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook until the moisture is absorbed (about 15 mins.) Once cooked, transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and place it into the refrigerator until cooled.
- While the quinoa cooks, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Toast the pistachios in the oven until lightly golden brown, about 10-12 mins. Set aside.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, stir in the salt, chopped cherries, crumbled feta cheese and minced basil.
- Roughly chop the toasted pistachios and add them into the salad. Stir until everything is well mixed.
To make the dressing:
- Stir the kefir and honey together in a medium, microwave- safe bowl. Microwave the mixture until the honey is melted and easily mixes into the kefir, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, mix will and DEVOUR