Lesson 9a: Sewing things together that align vertically: Mattress stitch
If you want to stitch two pieces of knitting together that are vertically aligned, it's quite easy!
1. Thread your tapestry needle (a fat, blunt needle with a large eye) and align your pieces next to each other so the rows match up.
2. (Slide 1) Slide your tapestry needle vertically between two "v"'s of the first knitted piece to grab the horizontal "bar" behind the stitches.
3. (Slide 2) Do the same to the corresponding row on the other piece.
4. (Slide 3) Continue to do this on the left, then right, then left, pieces.
5. (Slide 4) When you pull the yarn tight, the stitching completely disappears!