* Any gear you would normally take fishing
* Lights (see this card for more information:)
* Bug spray (especially if fishing from the shore)
* Full cooler and some snacks (this parts just for fun)
* Chairs (especially if fishing from the shore or a pier)
* Modified Landing Net
Another handy item to have when night fishing is a light equipped landing net. It is easy to make one. Simply take a regular landing net and duct tape a small flashlight to its handle. Prices for landing nets usually start at $30 and you can pick up a small, waterproof flashlight for less than $5.
* Modified Personal Flotation Device (aka a life jacket)
One other item every after dark angler should invest in is a reflective personal floatation device (PFD) that has been equipped with a strobe light and a beacon. You can purchase clip on strobe lights and beacons as well as reflective tape to add to your existing PFD. Prices will vary.