Lesson 9b: Sewing things together that align horizontally: Mattress stitch
1. Thread your tapestry needle (a fat, blunt needle with a large eye) and align your pieces next to each other so the columns match up.
2. (Slide 1) Slide your tapestry needle behind a "v" of the left piece.
3. (Slide 2) Do the same to the corresponding stitch on the other piece.
4. (Slide 3) Continue to do this on the left, then right, then left, pieces.
5. (Slide 4) When you pull the yarn tight, the stitching completely disappears!