Freezer Meals - Roasted Lemon-Garlic Chicken with Veggies
This is a bake-ahead-of-time freezer-friendly recipe!
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley, crushed in your palm
1/2 pound trimmed green beans
2 medium red potatoes, diced
1/2 sweet potato, diced
2 large carrots, slices
10 baby yellow carrot, cut in half
1.5 lb chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 chicken breasts)
1. In a large bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley. Add the green beans and other veggies to marinade and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon (or your hands), remove and place on bottom of an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Cover and put in fridge until chicken is done marinating (see next step).
2. Pour remaining marinade in a ziplock bag with chicken. Seal and shake bag to coat chicken pieces. Place in a bowl in the fridge to marinate (anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours).
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (update: originally this recipe called for 450 degrees, but I lowered it after another test) when chicken is close to being done marinading.
4. Place the chicken on top of the veggies in the baking dish. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
5. Roast for 30-40 minutes uncovered (until chicken is no long pink). Note: You may have to remove the chicken from the dish or skillet and place the veggies back in oven for 5-10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender. Serve warm.
Freezer Meal Directions: Place vegetables, chicken, and marinade in a freezer bag and freeze. When ready to cook, thaw in the fridge overnight, pour into casserole dish, and bake according to directions.