I love all different kinds of sugar cookies, but chewy ones might be my favorite! This is my favorite recipe so far :)
Yields 36 cookies.
-1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
-1½ cups granulated sugar
-2¼ cups all-purpose flour
-½ teaspoon baking powder
-½ teaspoon Kosher salt
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-¼ cup granulated sugar for rolling cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
2. Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
3. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
4. Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
5. Add granulated sugar to a large bowl for rolling cookie dough in before baking. Place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of granulated sugar and roll to coat well.
6. Place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1½-inches to 2 inches apart. Lightly press each cookie down.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.