happyrock
3 years ago1,000+ Views
Don't Eat Marsh Marigold
*Marsh Marigold (Caltha palustris) *In early spring, the young greens of this bright yellow perennial are edible when cooked. *However, steer clear of them the rest of the year. When ingested, the toxin found in the rounded, heart-shaped leaves causes burning of the throat, bloody diarrhea, fainting, and convulsions. * Marsh marigold grows in mountainous areas of the West Coast, the Mid-Atlantic, and in New England.
0 comments
10
Comment
2