happyrock
3 years ago1,000+ Views
Don't Eat Water Hemlock
Water Hemlock (Cicuta maculata) * Looks can be deceiving when it comes to this poisonous plant. * Although its tuberous roots resemble those of wild parsnip, celery, and artichoke, they are far from edible. Ingesting even a small amount of its cicutoxin can cause muscle spasms, dilated pupils, rapid pulse, diarrhea, violent convulsions, and death. * Water hemlock grows in freshwater swamps, ponds, and streams throughout the U.S. and has dome-shaped clusters of small white flowers.
2 comments
noted, thanks!! we definitely have this near me
3 years ago·Reply
This looks a lot like Queen Anne's Lace, not that I'd eat that either ;)
3 years ago·Reply
10
2
3