Style these "Morning Latte" cupcakes like a cup of coffee, and their coffee flavor will help you get a great start to a great day!
Yields 1 1/2 dozen.
1 cup (2 sticks) sweet butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 oz. semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
2 tbsp. freshly brewed dark coffee
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) sweet butter
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
Decorations (you can spice these up yourself!)
1 (7.5 oz) jar Marshmallow Fluff OR 4 cups mini marshmallows, melted
18 pipe cleaners that match your cupcake liners OR melting chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 18 cupcake paper cups into muffin pans.
2. Combine all the cupcake ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with electric mixer until smooth and pale, usually 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Spoon the batter into the cups (try using an ice cream scooper to make it easier!)
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
6. Move to cool on a wire rack.
1. Gently heat the chocolate, coffee, and butter in a small heavy saucepan. Stir it until melted.
2. Remove from heat and add in confectioners' sugar.
1. Frost the top of the cupcake.
2. Pipe or spoon marshmallow fluff on top of each cupcake.
3. Bend the pipe cleaner into a U-Shape and insert both ends in the side of each cupcake wrapper to form a "handle."
OR! You can try something fancier (like shown in this photo) and flavor part of your marshmallow fluff with coffee liqueur, and then use melting chocolate to create the handle instead of using a pipe cleaner.
You can also add on some ground chocolate, coffee beans, or ground coffee for decoration!