- One batch of your favorite cupcakes!
Frosting and Decorations
- red gel food color
- yellow gel food color
- 1 batch vanilla frosting
- 2/3 cup chocolate frosting
- candy sprinkles and decors
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2. Stir 5 drops red food color and 5 drops yellow food color into vanilla frosting to make orange frosting; set aside.
3. On large serving tray or cookie sheet covered with foil, arrange 24 cupcakes as shown in diagram. Frost center body of butterfly and antennae with chocolate frosting. (Push cupcakes together slightly to frost entire body and antennae, not just individual cupcakes.)
4. Frost remaining cupcakes with orange frosting for wings. (Push cupcakes together slightly to frost entire wings, not just individual cupcakes.) Pipe chocolate frosting outline on wings, if desired.
5. Decorate butterfly with candies and sugar. Store loosely covered.