1 1/2 cups steel-cut (Irish) oats
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 small carton of blueberries
1 cup of agave nectar
1. In a large saucepan, add the water, coconut milk, brown sugar, salt, and oats, and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes, until thick.
3. Poor the oatmeal into baking dish and cool at room temperature for at least an hour. When the oatmeal sets, it becomes a bit cake-like and is a lot easier to sear.
4. Lightly coat your frying pan with some cooking spray and turn up the heat.
5. Cut the oatmeal into equally-sized cuts and sear each piece on each side.
6. Bring the agave to a high boil in a small sauce pan.
7. Put the washed blueberries in a small baking dish or a bowl and pour the boiling agave over the top of them. Let stand.
8. Top the pan-seared oatmeal with blueberries.
You can also enjoy it with dried fruit and nuts!