You Will Need:
For the fajitas
-2 limes, plus wedges to serve
-1 tsp dried oregano
-1 tsp ground cumin
-1 tsp smoked paprika
-1 tsp olive oil
-2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely grated
-4 chicken breasts
-3 mixed coloured peppers
-1 red onion
For the guacamole:
-2 ripe avocados
-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
-soured cream, yogurt or chilli sauce to serve
1. Make the marinade. In a large bowl, juice both the limes. Add the oregano, spices, olive oil and garlic, and mix together. Dice the chicken, then soak it in the marinade, and set aside.
2. Prepare the vegetables. Deseed the peppers and halve/quarter the onions.
3. Make your skewers. Thread alternate pieces of chicken, peppers and onion onto your skewers. (Can be made several hours ahead and chilled until ready to cook.)
4. Prepare the guacamole. Stone and peel the avocados, tip into a bowl with the other ingredients and mash!
5. Cook the skewers. Heat a barbecue or griddle pan. Cook the skewers for 10-12 mins, turning, until they are cooked all the way through.
6. Serve the skewers on heated tortillas with the guacamole, soured cream, chopped coriander, lime wedges on the side and chilli sauce for those who like a touch of spice.