This recipe can be a great, quick beautiful little dessert, or it can be something exquisitely homemade! To make the fast version, use the store-bought materials listed. Otherwise, use the recipes I linked in for a more homemade pastry :)
Mini Lemon Tarts Ingredients:
- 1 unbaked pie crust (or, use this tart pastry recipe: http://www.vingle.net/posts/456652)
- 1 jar lemon curd (or, use this lemon curd recipe: http://www.vingle.net/posts/456644)
-1 T. powdered sugar
mini muffin pan
flower shaped cookie cutter
1. Unroll the pie crust. Cut out as many flowers as possible. Re-roll the scraps and cut more flowers, you should be able to get 12 flower shaped dough pieces.
2. Center each flower over a mini muffin depression. Fold alternate petals inward, and gently push the dough down into the bottom.
3. Gently push the outer petals against the muffin pan sides, then push the inner 3 petals against the sides and outer 3 petals. You will end up with a flower shaped unbaked tart shell.
4. Prick each of the bottoms of the unbaked dough shells with a fork, twice. Bake at 425 degrees for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a plate.
5. Fill each shell with a few teaspoons of lemon curd.
6. Dust the powdered sugar over the tops. Voila! A fancy dessert that is cute, and very simple to make.
(A variety of fillings that would also work: nutella, jam, vanilla pudding or custard topped with berries… the possibilities are endless!)