This looks delicious! I love cooking things that can be enjoyed by the whole family. For babies newer to eating solids, this could be pureed together.
One of my favorite things about my son is that he will happily eat just about anything. But one of the challenges during meal time is that if there are trains, toys or anything else fun and exciting within his view (no matter what I hide before dinner...
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion, diced
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into a small dice
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
1 14 oz can tomato puree
1 cups red lentils, rinsed well
brown or white basmati rice
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Saute the onions and carrots for 4 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, ginger, curry, cumin and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the lentils, water, salt and tomato puree and bring to a boil.
5. Stir, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 35 minutes or until creamy and tender.
6. Serve with basmati rice.
*Allow to cool, store in appropriate container or ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, defrost in fridge for 24 hours or place in pot and bring to heat over low-medium heat.
Recipe source: http://weelicious.com/2009/02/04/red-lentil-puree/