These pinwheel cookies are SO fun and SO easy to make!! I love this recipe far too much.
- 1 16.5 oz roll refrigerated Pillsbury sugar cookie dough (or, make your own recipe :) )
- 1/3 cup flour
- rainbow colored sugar (To make your own colors, simply put sugar and food coloring into a plastic baggie, and shake shake shake!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Knead flour and sugar cookie dough together until well combined.
3. Generously sprinkle cutting board with additional flour and roll out sugar cookie dough into a rectangle approximately 1/4 inch thick.
4. Sprinkle colored sugar in stripes across dough. (Refer to picture.)
5. Gently roll into a log. Just like cinnamon rolls.
6. Slice dough 1/2 inch thick and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Gently press cookies with the palm of your hand, flattening slightly.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
9. Cool for 2-3 minutes on cooking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
10. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
There you have it!