1 1/2 Cup unbleached white flour
1/3 Cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1 Cup cold brewed coffee or water
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the cake:
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, salt and baking soda into a 9-inch round (or 8-inch square) baking pan.
3. In a small bowl (or a 2 cup measuring cup), mix the oil, coffee and vanilla.
4. Poor the liquid into the cake pan & mix with a whisk until batter is smooth.
5. Finally add the vinegar and mix quickly, until the vinegar is just evenly distributed (it will form white streaks as it mixes with the baking soda).
6. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool.
For the glaze:
melt chocolate, stir in milk & vanilla. Spoon over chilled cake. Refrigerate glazed cake for 30 minutes before serving.