4 cups large rolled oats
2/3 cup dried coconut
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/3 cup flax seeds
1 Tbs ground cinnamon
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1. combine oats, coconut, cinnamon, nuts and seeds in a large bowl.
2. Heat together the honey, oil and vanilla over medium heat for a few minutes (until hot & liquidy). Then pour over the oat mixture and mix well to coat all the ingredients.
3. Spread evenly on a large baking dish.
4. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Then remove from oven and mix granola well. Then bake for another 10-15 minutes. Mix again. Depending on how well-done you like your granola, you can stop here or bake for another 10 minutes.
5. Finally mix in the dried fruit (raisins and/or dried cranberries) and allow to cool.
Store in a large glass jar or tin at room temperature.