1 box of 2 pie crusts
2 cups of strawberries, cut into quarters
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 egg, beaten
1 cup confectioners sugar
Pre-heat oven to 425° F.
1) Place strawberries, 1/2 cup sugar, and honey in a medium sauce pan. Mash the berries as best possible and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring often.
2) Roll out dough and cut into rectangles (remember, you’ll need 2 rectangles per pop tart).
3) With the beaten egg, brush around the edges of all of your pastry rectangles.
4) Once filling is done, spoon about 1 tablespoon into the center of HALF of the pastries.
5) With the egg brushed sides facing each other, place a pastry rectangle on top of each strawberried pastry. Seal the sides by clamping them together with a fork and then poke a few small holes in the top of each pastry.
6) Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the pop tarts. They should be golden brown when done.
7) Make glaze by place confectioners sugar in a medium bowl and stirring in a little milk at a time until the sugar is thoroughly dissolved and at a good, thick consistency. Add food coloring if desired.
8) Drizzle one thin layer of glaze on top of each pastry and let sit for a few minutes. Add an additional layer of glaze once the first layer has hardened. Top with sprinkles and ENJOY!