- makes enough for an 8x8inch pan
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour (I used Whole Wheat)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
Cream Cheese Swirl:
- one packet (125g) Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- a handful of strawberries, sliced or cubed for the topping
1. Preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F.
2. Prepare the cream cheese: Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and flour until combined. Set aside.
3. Make the chocolate base: Mix together the flour, salt, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder. Then stir in the milk and cream cheese. You might need to add 2-3 Tbsp of Milk if your batter is to thick.
4. Pour the batter into a greased or lined pan. Spoon the cream cheese in 6-7 portions on top, then swirl in the cream cheese with a fork so, that it still stays at the surface, but is distributed well.
5. Sprinkle the strawberries on top and press them in slightly. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set in the middle. Remove and let cool before slicing. Enjoy!