3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 egg whites
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pink jimmies
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons strawberry puree
1 tablespoon strawberry gelatin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4-5 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Beat butter and sugar for 3 minutes, scrape bowl as needed.
3. Add egg whites one at a time on low until fully incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
5. Alternate adding buttermilk and the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture.
6. Mix in sour cream.
7. Fold in jimmies and fill liners 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 16-22 minutes, or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
9. Buttercream: Beat butter and cream cheese. Add strawberry puree, gelatin and vanilla extract. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
10. Pipe in buttercream!