2 whole Large Russet Potatoes, Diced
1 bunch Kale
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 whole Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
¼ cups Diced Jalapeno Peppers
6 whole 100% Whole Wheat Soft Tortillas
Chopped Chilantro, Garnish
2 cans 10 Oz Cans, Green Enchilada Sauce
1 can (4 Oz. Can) Diced Green Chilies
Chopped Fresh Cilantro, For Garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 F.
1. Take the diced potatoes and place them in a large pot filled with water. Boil the potatoes until they are soft, about 15 to 20 minutes and then drain and set aside.
2. Take the kale leaves off the stem and rinse to make sure they are clean. Chop the kale and set aside.
3. Take a large saute pan and drizzle with the olive oil. Heat on medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the diced onions and cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add the kale and saute for another 10 minutes until the kale is completely cooked and wilted down. Add the diced potatoes and stir until evenly distributed. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder. Add the diced jalapeno peppers. Cook with all ingredients for about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Now that the enchilada filling is cooked, take a whole wheat tortilla and take about 2/3 cups of filling and spread it down the middle of the tortilla. Then roll it up and place it inside a large rectangular (9×13) dish, seam side down. Repeat process until all filling is completely gone. Should make anywhere between 6-8 enchiladas (if you make more than 6 you may want to get another can of enchilada sauce).
5. In a medium bowl, pour in both cans of enchilada sauce along with the can of green chilies; stir and pour evenly over the enchiladas. Place inside the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove dish from oven, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve.