The Agung Rai Museum of Art in Ubud, Bali, was named the top museum in Indonesia by Traveler's Choice awards for Museums around the globe initiated by travel site TripAdvisor.
Announced on Tuesday, the awards listed the top 25 museums in the world, as well as dedicated lists for Indonesia, Asia, Europe, South America, South Pacific, the United Kingdom and the United States based on the millions of valuable reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travelers.
Out of the 10 museums recognized in Indonesia, Bali and Java tied for the most number of winners, with five each.
Recognized as the country's top museum, the Agung Rai Museum of Art in Ubud is surrounded by tropical gardens and features traditional Balinese architecture where visitors can also learn much about Balinese traditions and cultural aspects.
A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, “Very interesting private art collection of mainly local artists, set in peaceful gardens with a comfortable coffee shop in a rice field setting. Don't miss this if you are in Ubud!”
Winners of the Traveler's Choice awards were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for museums worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period.
Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Museums in Indonesia
1. Agung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA), Ubud, Bali
2. Neka Art Museum, Ubud, Bali
3. Museum Batik Danar Hadi, Solo, Central Java
4. Museum PASIFIKA, Nusa Dua, Bali
5. Museum Puri Lukisan, Ubud, Bali
6. Ullen Sentalu, Yogyakarta, Central Java
7. Museum Bank Indonesia, Jakarta
8. Don Antonio Blanco Museum, Ubud, Bali
9. Sampoerna Museum, Surabaya, East Java
10. National Museum, Jakarta