Know a gardener and want to make them a cute gift?
Try this DIY Gardener's Hand Scrub! It'll keep your hands soft and squeaky clean when you're not playing in the dirt.
- Gather a Bell jar. In this case, a 12oz and an 8oz. Fill them each 3/4 full of sugar.
- Add Dawn dish soap (the pink one with Olay beauty Hand Renewel) until it reaches the bottom of the mouth of the jar
- Stir the sugar and soap together. Add sugar a little at a time until it becomes like a paste--not runny!
- You can choose to add 4 or 5 drops of lemon essential oil. It acts as an antibacterial and antiseptic component. And, it smells great!
- For gift-giving you can add a label to the lid and attach a tag with the following instructions: To wash the dirt off your hands, use a small amount and rub.
The sugar works like an abrasive to remove the dirt, and the soap washes it all away.
Thanks to onegoodthingbyjillee.com for the idea!