Hello and welcome everyone to my first Once Upon a Time reaction posts here on Vingle! This episode was SO OMFGLDKFJLADJSF I don’t want to waste a lot of time on a long introduction SO let’s just dive in okay? Okay!
Initial reaction: WTF OMG YES NO YES WHAAAAAT!
. . . . . GOOD . . . . .
● BELLE BELLE BELLE BELLE BELLE I know she didn’t really do much but BELLE BELLE BELLE BELLE BELLE BELLE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLEEEEEEE!
● Also Rumple, both his speech at Neal’s grave, and his doing the right thing with the dagger (for five seconds).
● Regina having a good moment, which did get taken away later but I really liked her ability to see the things she’s done wrong and feel bad about them. It adds a depth to the character she was lacking and was a really big step forward, followed by what I honestly think is a more realistic step backwards. No I don’t want her to be trying to kill anyone, but in this situation I understand it, whereas with Snow after a while it became “Ok but why are you still doing this?” Do I think she’s a good person? Not yet, but it seems like it could happen. Overall I’m happy, but we’ll see where that goes.
● *singing obnoxiously* TALE AS OLD AS TIME
● SONG AS OLD AS RHYME
● BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!!!!
● Now please go have sex—I MEAN! No I totally mean that don’t judge me.
● It’s me!!! Some how I didn’t think Sven was really going to have a big role and he didn’t his presence in the scene was a lot more important than I thought it would be and I’m happy. I had lines guys! LINES!
● In season 3 the subject of The Writer was brought up by Snow very briefly and I’m surprised but excited that that was apparently actually subtle foreshadowing (something I didn’t think A&E knew how to do). The subtlety went out the window once Regina decided to get involved but for a moment there things were awesome.
● PHAN-FUCKING-TASIA!!!!! Actually already figured that because there have been hints about it for a while but I’m still excited to see it brought up so early. Makes me really curious how Elizabeth Mitchell will fit in but still excited!
. . . . . BAD . . . . .
● I like Anna and Elsa, but whether it’s the acting, direction, or writing Anna felt really forced :/ I’m hoping she’ll get better as she becomes more comfortable with the role but in this episode she felt unnatural.
● I miss the days when Grumpy was an actual character and not just a plot beacon. He’s literally become “HEY GUYS THE PLOTS OVER HERE” and it makes me sad.
● Obviously not pleased that Regina has decided once again the answer to her misery is hurting others, but as I said before I hope that it’s more logical this time and resolves itself.
● Hook no. Hook stop. You aren’t charming and you aren’t cute, you harass women and are gross.
. . . . . THOUGHTS . . . . .
● Overall as I said a few times I’m excited. We didn’t hear much of anything from Snow, Charming, or really anyone other than the primary character of the episode which I’m pretty neutral about.
● I’m wondering now if the wizard’s hat that Rumple revealed? Summoned? I’m wondering if that is perhaps the same sort of deal as the Dark One’s dagger, the hat possesses a greater power that’s passed from wearer to wearer. Probably not, but it’s an interesting idea.
● Nothing yet from Mitchell but I’m sure that will be revealed eventually so until then I’ll be along for the ride.
And those are all of my thoughts! Please please please let’s continue conversation about the episode and Once in general in comments! And if you have any thoughts about my new experiment (posting these thoughts here and linking elsewhere) please feel free to message me about that too.
Pictures from FarFarAwaySite.com
2. Elsa = </3
3. Anna = ?
4. IT ME!
5. Sydney no. Sydney y u do.
6. Robin and his less than marry ladies