It's possible to turn nearly any container into a small herb container! Check out the photos for inspiration, and be sure to follow the following general steps to help ensure the herbs can grow well!
- Spray the inside of any wood with some kind of Pruning Seal that will block the wood from going through moisture damage.
- Make sure to add holes to the container for draining if possible.
- Put a layer of gravel in the bottom of the planters to help allow for better drainage if it's difficult to add holes.
- Be sure to only plant herbs that are compatible in the same container! For example, mint and spearmint don't go well together!
- Don't overwater them (especially if you haven't set up good draining!) and make sure they're getting enough sun.