GoPro has announced three new cameras, from $129 and up!! Finally, I think there might be a GoPro for more, and for those with all different budgets.
1: Hero4Black ($500)
- "2x the performance of the previous model"
- shoots 1080p resolution at 120 frams per second
- 27K at 50fps
- high resolution “cinema quality” 4k at 30 fps.
- no screen (Hero4 Silver has one, with some drawbacks)
- GoPro claims has twice the audio range of previous model
- improved low light filming
- easier controls
- extract 8.3 mpx stills from 4k setting
- 12MP photos shoot at 30 photos / s
- faster wi-fi for GoPro App usage
2: Hero4 Silver ($400)
- built-in LCD touch screen for framing
- 2.7K 30fps
- 1080p 60fps
- 720p 120fps video settings (and 12MP, 30-photos-per-second still bursts)
3: Hero ($129)
- simplicity is great!
- camera for the masses
- built directly in waterproof housing
- 1080p at 30fps, and 720p at 60fps
Which will you choose?