makes 2-3 burritos
1-2 Tbsp vegan butter
3/4 cup diced bell pepper
1 cup diced mushrooms
18 ounces firm tofu, drained/pressed/diced
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp tumeric
3/4 tsp truffle salt (or plain sea salt) - or to taste
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp agave syrup
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup spinach, chopped
1/2 cup Daiya pepperjack cheese
2-4 XL tortilla wraps
1. Add the vegan butter to a hot saute pan. Saute the mushrooms and pepper for a few minutes.
2. Add in the tofu and remaining saute ingredients (all except the spinach and Daiya). Saute the tofu and veggies for about 5 minutes - chopping the tofu and salting to taste.
3. When tofu has reached the consistency you like, fold in the spinach to wilt. Turn off heat. Then fold in the Daiya cheese. It will melt against hot tofu.
4. Warm your tortillas - I toss mine on the stove top flame for 5 seconds each side - be careful if you use this technique! Never leave the tortilla unattended. Just a few seconds each side will warm and scorch the tortilla. You can also warm in oven.
5. Add your scramble to your warmed tortilla and fold. You can add extra cheese if you'd like. Serve warm. Salsa or hot sauce on side is nice.