Ceviche is a seafood dish that is regularly served on the beaches of Mexico. Make sure to use frsh ingredients as this dish isn't cooked on heat! May the delicacy making starts now! Servings: 4, Ingredients:
1 lb halibut fillets or 1 lb red snapper fillet or 1 lb sea bass fillets (or use a mixture of fish and shrimp)
1 cup diced fresh tomato
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 dash Tabasco sauce
lettuce leaf (to line the serving bowls)
black olives, sliced (optional, for garnish)
avocado (optional, for garnish)
1. Dice the fish into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. Marinate the fish in the lime juice overnight in the fridge, stirring often.
3. Pour off most of the lime juice, leaving it just moist.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except the avocado, lettuce and olives.
5. Toss well and arrange in individual serving bowls that are lined with lettuce leaves.
6. Garnish with sliced black olives and avocado slices if desired.
credits to dietrecipesblog