This is just as good as any beef and broccoli dish you ll find at chinese restaurants, and it doesn't require any unusual ingredients, so let's cook! serving 4, Ingredients: 1 lb boneless round steak or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
4 cups broccoli florets
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
2 tablespoons water, divided
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons water with the garlic powder and 2 tablespoons cornstarch until smooth.
2. Add the beef strips and toss.
3. In a wok or large skillet over medium high heat, stir-fry the beef in 1 tablespoon oil until it reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry the onion and broccoli in the remaining oil for about 4-5 minutes.
5. Return the beef to the pan.
6. Combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and the remaining cornstarch with water until smooth; add to the pan.
7. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
credits to dietrecipesblog