1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
3 large eggs
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Candy pumpkins (for garnish)
For Cream Cheese Filling:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat Sugar, Oil, Pumpkin and Eggs until well blended. Combine Flour, Baking soda, Salt, Baking powder and Cinnamon in a small bowl. Gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until well blended.
3. Line cupcake pan with paper liners. Fill each line three quarters full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing to wire racks.
4. Cut a 1 inch by 1 inch circle in the center using a small sharp knife. Set aside cake pieces.
5. Bring the frosting out, fill hole with frosting and add a little frosting on top. Place a candy pumpkin on top of the frosting. Repeat the same for the rest of the cupcakes.