Calories: 331.8 | Fat: 10.4g | Fiber 8.9g | Protein 12.9g | Carbs 49.5g
8 oz dry pasta
~3 lbs eggplant, cut in 1/2-inch slices
2 1/4 cups marinara sauce, divided
4 oz fresh mozzarella torn into small pieces
1/4 cup (1 oz) shredded Parmesan
1. Lightly grease a casserole dish and a baking sheet (two sheets, if your eggplant is soccer ball-sized).
2. Preheat oven to 400.
3. Cook the pasta for half the time suggested on the package and then drain.
4. Add the pasta to the casserole dish along with 3/4 cup of marinara sauce, stirring to mix. Top with another 3/4 cup marinara
5. Brush each side of the eggplant rounds with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Roast for 15 minutes, flip and roast for 15 minutes more.
7. Place half of the eggplant rounds over the pasta and top with half the mozzarella and Parmesan.
8. Spread the remaining 3/4 cup marinara over top, followed by the remaining eggplant, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
9. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is brown and bubbling.
10. Serve topped with basil, if desired.