2 ripe but firm avocados
3 ounces feta cheese of choice, cut into small cubes (no bigger than 1/2")
3 tablespoons very finely minced green onions (white and green parts)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup bread cut into 1/4-inch cubes
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1-3 teaspoons sriracha
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Halve the avocados lengthwise and remove the pits. Reserve the skins. Scoop out the flesh and chop it into pieces about 1/2-1 inch big. Place them in a bowl and add the feta, onions, and a generous grind of black pepper. Stir gently to mix; it's fine if the mixture gets a little mushed together.
3. Set the avocado skins on a baking tray, open-side up. Evenly distribute the avocado-feta filling amongst the 4 shells; you'll need to pile the filling high. If you are having trouble keeping the avocados from tipping over, either prop them up against each other, or put a handful of raw rice on the tray and nest the avocado in it.
4. Bake them until they are warmed through, 12-15 minutes.
5. In the meantime, make the croutons. Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the breadcrumbs and a small pinch of salt. Stir constantly until the bread begins to brown, about 5 minutes. As soon as the bread reaches the desired color, remove it from the heat and reserve.
6. Mix the mayonnnaise, sriracha, and lemon juice and set aside.
7. When the avocados are done, place them on a serving plate. Top with the sauce and then the croutons. Serve immediately.