2 ripe avocados
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 medium-sized tomato, diced
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Slice avocados lengthwise and remove the pit by gently tapping it with a large, sturdy kitchen knife. When the knife is slightly wedged in, very carefully twist and pull away from the fruit.
3. With a smaller kitchen knife, carefully make criss-crosses in the avocado flesh, making sure not to break through the skin.
4. Using a spoon, gently scoop out the avocado flesh and place in medium-sized bowl.
5. Add cooked quinoa and diced tomato to the avocado pieces and gently mix together while preserving the chunks of flesh. For a creamier consistency, use more pressure when mixing to mash the avocado chunks.
6. Place hollow avocado shells in baking dish, and carefully fill each with the mixture.
7. Generously layer crumbled feta cheese over top and place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is sufficiently melted.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve immediately.