1 tablespoon olive oil, ghee, or coconut oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 apples, peeled & diced
1 1/2 cup celery root, peeled and diced
1 cup parsnip, peeled & diced
1 cup Japanese sweet potato, peeled & diced
2 cups water
2 cups vegetable stock
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1. Preheat a large stockpot over medium heat.
2. Add fat and let it heat a bit.
3. Saute onion for 2-3 minutes until soft.
4. Add garlic, cook for one minute and add all diced root vegetables. Saute until starting to soften, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the water, stock, oregano, and salt.
6. Bring to a simmer and cook until all root vegetables are fork tender.
7. Using a blender or food processor, puree the soup along with the coconut milk until smooth. Taste and add additional salt if desired. (Note from Adrienne: This is my favorite stick blender!)