3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup real maple syrup (I used Grade A)
1 teaspoon maple extract
1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1. Chop up the pecans. You can chop them with a knife or in a food processor. See photos to see what level of choppiness we're talking.
2. Set a frying pan over medium heat. Add the pecans and stir occasionally until they start to smell delicious, or until they barely start to brown. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream the butter to within an inch of its life. Just kidding, beat it for a couple minutes until it's high and fluffy.
4. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and maple syrup. Beat well.
5. Add 1 cup powdered sugar, maple extract, and salt. Beat well.
6. Add the chopped pecans when they are completely cooled and beat it. Try not to eat it all with a spoon.