I have mentioned using olive oil as a deep conditioning mask before, but I've never made a full card about it.
I recently started using olive oil as a hair mask, and found that it made my hair silkier, shiner, and much moister. Here's a few rules I live by now, after experimenting with different techniques:
- 20 minutes is the max amount of time you should keep the oil in your hair. More than that and your hair will be oily even after a shower.
- Organic. Extra Virgin. No excuses! Don't put any olive oil that isn't organic extra virgin olive oil into your hair. It's not worth it!!
- 2 a week is the max amount of times you should be using this technique. Any more and you'll have oil hair, plus you'll smell like olive oil all the time :)
Here's how you do it:
- Rub Olive oil into the tips of your hair and wrap tightly in plastic wrap (I have tried ziploc bags as well and these work too!)
- Let your hair sit for 10-20 minutes
- Shower and wash your hair with shampoo, there is no need to use conditioner this time!!
Let your hair naturally dry for the best results :)