Here we go, starting the longboard build today.
1) 3M Bondo Home Solutions All-Purpose Fiberglass Resin, 1-Quart
2) Minwax 33250 Helmsman Spar Urethane, High-Gloss Finish
3) 3M Wetordry Sandpaper, 9-Inch by 11-Inch, Assorted Grit, 5-Sheet
4) Aitoh SG-B Washi Roll Shoji Gami Origami Paper, 18-Inch by 30-Feet
5) Dynatron 358 Spreader
6) White Decorative Sand, 1.1 pound bag / 500 grams
7) Vacuum breather / bleeder cloth 60"
8) Airtech Econostitch Peel Ply 54"
9) Carbon Fiber Fabric 2x2 Twill 50" 3k 5.7oz/193.26gsm Commercial
10) Fiberglass 4oz/135.62 gsm E Glass 50" Plain Weave
11) CHURCHILL NS DROP THROUGH BAMBOO DECK
12) PREMIUM STREET GRIP SHEET BLACK (11"x44" Sheet)
I obtained all these materials online:
And a few other things you may need:
Brushes/ sponge brushes or cotton roller- whatever you prefer
Acetone/ nail polish remover- To clean off a used deck
Breather masks- highly recommended
exacto knife/ razor- need this for any project
clean working station where the bard can dry
and of course the setup for your deck (trucks, wheels, etc.)
LOTS OF PATIENCE!!!
A project like this lasts me a few week between work and school, so it might take you awhile to get done.
I will be posting pictures and tips later as I move along with this project. If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask.