You've all waited long enough for this lattice top crust technique. Well, here you go. You'll be surprised how easy it is!
1. Roll out your first dough and drape in your pie pan. Allow the excess to hang over the edges. Add your filling. Roll out the second pie crust slightly larger than your pie pan and use a sharp knife to cut into equal width strips. (I like to use a ¾ to 1-inch wide strip).
2. Using every other strip, lay the strips vertically over the pie leaving a little space between each one. All the strips should overhang the pie a bit.
3. Fold every other strip back on itself without creasing them.
4. Take the shortest strip remaining from Step 1 and lay it horizontally so it snugs up against the folded strips.
5. Unfold the strips that have been flipped over themselves and lay down on the pie.
6. Fold back the strips that weren’t folded back in Step 3.
7. Lay next strip remaining from Step 1 horizontally so it snugs up against the folded strips. Unfold the strips that have been flipped over themselves and lay down on the pie. Continue the lattice process until all of your strips have been used. Trim your edges, turn under and crimp however you like.