The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is a huge hit-or-miss when it comes to music, but this year went pretty well considering the line up (no offense Sting)
Billboard picked out some of the best moments so I wanted to share my thoughts on them too:
- Sting: He's still got it, though its totally weird for me to see him performing in a parade setting. He was promoting his new biographical musical and looked hilarious acting like a drunken soldier. I hope there was actually beer in that mug...it looked cold in NYC.
- Nick Jonas: My niece (let me rephrase that - my 22 year old niece) shrieked when he came on the screen. He's clearly still got it. His new album is getting rave reviews for a reason, it's pretty good.
- The Vamps: My favorite part of this parade is watching the crap lip-syncing, so The Vamps let me down. Shame on them for actually singing and playing their instruments live, am I right?!
- Taylor Swift: The new ambassador/most disliked resident of NYC had to make an appearance. To be honest I think breakfast was finally being served in my house so I missed this one...
- Peter Pan Live!: So the Sound of Music last year was actually painful, but this one might be better? Might??? The song they performed was your standard catchy musical tune so at least we can expect that it would be too cringe-worthy like poor Carrie Underwood and the rest of the Von Trapps.
Those were the stand-outs for me - but then again, halfway through I was seriously distracted by pancakes.
Here's to another year and Happy Thanksgiving!